Madrid on Video
Prostitute Fashion Show
Madrid Woman Falls Down Escalator
Madrid riots in Malasaña 2 May 2007
Flash Mob Madrid Pillow Fight
- The Light Pong Masters - This is a public service ad for the Madrid ayuntamiento (local council) which says that by switching off the lights when you leave a room you can save up to 50% in electricity. A very creative execution.
- Big Anti-Abortion Rally in Madrid - Tok place in October 2009.
- Marea live in concert - Spain's heaviest rock band in the Palacio de los deportes de la Comunidad de Madrid on the 8th March 2008.
- La Excepcion - Amos chacho - La Excepcion are a hip-hop band from the Pan Bendito barrio of Madrid. It's a three man operation, two rappers and a DJ, and they rap in a mixture of gypsy and Madrid slang - so quite inpenetrable at times but the tunes are wicked and the rhythms well-funky. Top band!
- Raperos en templo debod - Some Spanish rappers do an acoustic set at the Templo Debod park in the West of the city.
- Torres en construcción desde el aire (CTBA) - The CTBA stands for Cuatro Torres Business Area - a massive building project in the north of the city designed to expand the financial and tertiary services part of Madrid's economy. This is a short TV report about progress in the building of the towers with some good aerial views.
- Jordi and the Music of Madrid - American dude videos some Madrid buskers in action.
- Flooding on Madrid Metro. CCTV footage - Heavy rain caused this flash flood in October 2007. At one point the water rushes in so strongly it strips a couple of cabinets off the wall.
- Madrid Football Fan Violence: Atleti vs Aberdeen - A mini-football riot at a UEFA cup game between Aberdeen and Atletico Madrid. Police fired tear gas outside the Calderon stadium in an attempt to dispel the crowds and eleven people were reported injured. Atleti won BTW.
- Violence erupts in a Madrid suburb when police try to clear shanty town - 10/18/07 - A Reuters report.
- REAL MADRID CAMPEON LIGA 06-07 (CIBELES CORONADA) - TV news live coverage of the traditional celebrations at Plaza Cibeles (The 'coronation') held whenever Real Madrid win La Liga - The Spanish national football championship.
- Anuncio Atletico de Madrid - A TV ad for football club Atletico de Madrid. The theme is two soldiers on opposite sides during the civil war who discover they're both Atleti supporters. Cheesy but heart warming. Aupa!
- Gustavo Biosca, el Cómico Suicida (The Suicide Comic) - Comic with a deathwish Gustavo Biosca, invades Real Madrid supporters clubs, while Real are playing, in a Barcelona shirt and starts to make jokes about Madrid. The search for fame gets ever more desperate.
- Abrazos gratis 12-11-06 Madrid - Photo report on 'Free Hugs Day'
- Alejandro Talavante conquista Madrid - A bullfight at Las Ventas, Plaza de Toros. In this handheld, amateur, but all too brutally well-filmed clip, we have Alejandro Talavente performing at the very highest level. If you are opposed to blood sports like this please do not view.
- Highrise Building Burns - Amateur footage of the 32 floor Windsor tower burning out of control in 2005.
- Graffiti @ Metro Madrid (Linea 5) - A metro train gets flash grafitti'd. Filmed in 2005.
- Aqui no hay playa - Los refrescos - Music video of a summer 1989 hit from 'The Refrescos', a ska band, called 'There's no beach here', a celebration of Madrid even though it doesn't have a beach.
Videos about Madrid
Ladies of the night come out in the day to stake their claim on the streets they walk. This took place in July 2008.
This takes place in the new terminal at Barajas airport - the one that had a car bomb blow up in the parking garage a few years back. A woman pushing a luggage cart down an escalator loses control and collapses back down to the bottom of it. The video shows action from both the top and bottom angles.
TV report on riots that took place in the central barrio of Malasaña focused on the Plaza del Dos de Mayo, a square named after the day when the city rose up against Napoleon and traditionally the main place in Madrid where youngsters and alternative types congregated for 'botellon'. The city is currently controlled by the conservative PP political group, and they have tried to impose restrictions on the practice of hanging out late at night, drinking and smoking (aforementioned 'botellon') and radicals have fed on the discontent this crackdown has generated. Here is live footage from a hand-held videocamera from a resident of the area who witnessed the disturbances in calle Corredera Baja de San Pablo. It's being filmed at 3.30 in the morning.
Madrid flash mob have a pillow fight with huge Eastpak bags in the city centre.
Other Interesting Videos on Madrid